I just love to eat out! The older I get, I’m getting pretty picky though. I have a few franchises where I can get a great burger or basic fare. There’s always going to be some favorite food you need at your favorite chains, but in Greenwood and the Southside, we excel in local non-chain restaurants! This will give you an overview of our restaurants. Try them out and let me know your favorites in the comments!
The Greenwood hub is going to have the most diverse selection of restaurants. If a chain only has one location on the southside, it’s going to be in Greenwood.
Here is what you can find around the mall area: Buca di Beppo, Panera Bread, Smokey Bones, Olive Garden, On the Border. Applebees, Johnny Carino’s, Cheesecake Factory, Bar Louie, B.J.’s Restaurant & Brewhouse, Logan’s Roadhouse, Chili’s, Famous Dave’s, Chipotle, Buffalo Wild Wings, Steak ‘n Shake, Ruby Tuesday, TGI Friday’s, Boston Market, City Barbeque, Jaggers, Bubba’s 33, Metro Diner, McAlister’s Deli, Wingstop, Outback Steakhouse, Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen, Newk’s Eatery, Primanti Bros., Portillo’s, O’Reilly’s Irish Bar
Closer to Center Grove, along State Road 135, you will find these chains: Bonefish Grill, Stone Creek, Steak ‘n Shake, Golden Corral, Bob Evans, Texas Roadhouse, Applebee’s, O’Charley’s, Arni’s, Greek’s Pizzeria, Pizza King
Chains found in Franklin are: Applebee’s, Bob Evans, Steak ‘n Shake, Buffalo Wild Wings, Wing’s Etc., Chili’s, Moe’s Southwest Grill, Pizza King
The Southport exit off I-65 in Franklin Township have a few within 1/4 mile of the exit: Cheeseburger in Paradise, Carrabba’s Italian Grill, Scotty’s Brewhouse, Bob Evans, Texas Roadhouse, Steak ‘n Shake, Cracker Barrel, Uno Pizzeria & Grill, LongHorn Steakhouse, O’Charley’s, Panera Bread
Chains around the Mooresville/Decatur Township corridor are: Steak ‘n Shake, O’Charley’s, Pizza Hut, Chicago’s Pizza, Pizza King
These are the ones you are going to frequent while living on the Southside. And bonus that it helps small business owners who live here!
- Between the Bun – some outrageous Burgers…they are winning all the local awards for great burgers. The Pepper Jack Cheese Balls are a favorite appetizer. They just moved their location to Perry Township at Southport Road and S.R. 37.
- BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse – this is located at the Greenwood Mall with an outside entrance. The pizza is worth it and they take call ahead seating.
- Brozinni – Handmade New York Style Pizza on the eastern edge of Greenwood. Do not miss out on the Garlic Knots…worth going just for those.
- Campbell’s Highland Sports Grille – although they show all the sports, this restaurant is committed to soccer! Great pub fare and some scottish dishes.
- Gray Brothers Cafeteria – Comfort food to warm the heart in Mooresville…they are famous for their pies so make sure to taste your favorite.
- Ichiban Japanese Restaurant and Sushi Bar – They have 83 different sushi rolls!
- Jack’s pizza – this is a locally-owned pizzeria not affiliated with the frozen “Jack’s” pizza at your grocery. Jack’s is a favorite of the locals, operating 11 locations in the Indy area. And in fact, the three Greenwood locations are franchise-owned by my next door neighbor, Bill. I recommend you try the crispy-crust pizza at Jack’s!
- Jockamo Upper Crust Pizza – With 3 locations throughout Indianapolis, Jockamo’s has yummy pizza. Don’t be afraid to bring your health conscious friends…they have great healthy options on the menu and even a gluten-free pizza!
- Johnson’s BBQ Shack – Great smoked pig in Bargersville, and a food truck that serves at community events!
- Kabuto Japanese Steakhouse – over 17 years serving Greenwood…a local favorite.
- Kumo Japanese Steakhouse – relatively new place at the Mall. Authentic Japanese Hibachi…has a wide Lunch menu as well.
- La Trattoria Italian Restaurant – Family-owned restaurant in downtown Greenwood with a local cult following…they don’t even have (or need) a website or Facebook page. Some say they are the best steaks in Indy, and people rave about the great food.
- Leon Mexican Cuisine – they are very particular about their specialty Tequila! This is the newest Mexican restaurant to open here.
- Lotus Garden – Main Dining Room for Chinese Fine Dining, and a separate Chinese Buffet. Made from scratch…they accommodate special diets, and take-out is available!
- Main St. Grille – They have a great location off the Greenwood exit off I65. They are most known for their wood-fired pizza!
- Mashcraft Brewing – a favorite for the Center Grove night crowd, Mashcraft is more brewery, less food, but there are some options.
- Mrs. Curl Ice Cream Shop – Historic Ice Cream stop in downtown Greenwood. Cute location on the creek…the kids love it!
- Oaken Barrel Brewing Company – Oaken Barrel was a brewpub before brewpubs were cool, and they have amazing food to match!
- Planetary Brewing – right at the corner of downtown Greenwood, and it is soon to be building an outdoor alley with seating!
- Puerto Vallarta – no website, but this is our family’s favorite Mexican on the southside for 10 years!
- Revery – Revery fills the “date-night” need locally. It is just enough foodie for my husband, and they have just enough choices to keep me happy. They have a great chef and it is a top-notch place to eat!
- Sister’s Korean Restaurant – The best thing about this restaurant is the story about 3 Korean strangers living in Greenwood met, became as a close as sisters, and opened this restaurant to share their love of food!
- Squealers – Best BBQ on the southside according to my family.
- South of Chicago Pizza – only place to get deep dish, authentic Chicago-style pizza, and it is YUM!
- Stacked Pickle – large menu fit any tastes, and the kids love it too! Try one of their drinks with pickle juice!
- Stone Creek Dining Company – this is a great option in Center Grove that is just a little nicer than most. You can bring the whole family, or it is great for a date or a business dinner.
- Taxman Brewing – Taxman is growing, adding a downtown location in 2019. But it got its start in Bargersville and it has always been a favorite for their Belgian-style beers and modern-urban atmosphere!
- Thai Spice – right by the Greenwood Mall…they’ve been around forever and are still serving great, authentic Thai food!
- Tried & True Alehouse – This is my personal favorite for their burgers! Other people love their spicy Mac & Cheese and rave about the Crispy Brussel Sprouts!
- Vino Villa – Downtown Greenwood wine bar with small plates of food built in a historic home. Charm all around!
- Vito Provolone’s – Vito’s is an institution for the locals in Perry Township. It is well-loved and the love is well-deserved!
- Yokohama – Southsiders love their Japanese food. Look for a coupon on their About page!
- Zydeco’s – Cajun food…the chef makes authentic Cajun sausages, smoked and cured meats in-house, and cooks with locally-sourced produce and meats.